What’s Happening at WIRAC over Spring & Summer 2019
So Winter draws to a close and Spring is upon us. With the warmer months comes the busy season for the Centre and we do appreciate our members and users patience as we conclude not just our massive renovation project (the Heat Pump Project) but also the reduced hours over the cooler months.
We will be moving back to longer hours of operation during September and October and these hours are listed alongside this text on the web page. We have some new programs and services starting and these are listed below. Please check in with reception at the Centre for further details about these listed activities
- 13 September - FREE Aquatic Participation Day as part of Disability Action Week
- 13 September - FREE Squad Clinic with former Australian Swimmer Jade Edmistone
- 12 & 19 Sep - FREE come and try days with Warwick Swim Club
- 20 September - Term 3 ends
- 23 September - School Holidays commence with a wide range of activities and some of these include Learn to swim Intensives, SQUAD clinics, Rockwall & Swim Days, and the launch of our new Active Youth Program which officially commences in the new school term.
In addition the pool will re-open on Sundays from 10-2pm for the Sunday of the 29th Sep and Sunday 6 Oct. From then on, our Sunday hours will be 10-5pm up to mid-December.
- 7 October - Public Holiday, WIRAC will be open 9-4pm
- 8 October - Term 4 commences
October will see extended hours of operation for the Centre including Saturdays and Sundays. Extra group fitness classes will resume with the later hours of operation and we will also introduce 1-2 functional fitness classes and the 6 week Summer Shred Program.
The new Active Youth Program will commence as well with sessions for Active Kids (8-11yrs) and Active Teens (12-16yrs).
We are also holding a special Big Q Basketball tournament on the weekend of the 19/20 October.
WIRAC celebrates its 5th birthday in November (it is 5 years since YMCA Brisbane were engaged to manage the Centre for the SDRC) and we will have a special birthday carnival over the weekend of the 9th & 10th of November. There will be a range of activities which will include:
Rockwall/Disco on Fri 8 Nov. Over the weekend, pool fee’s will be half price and we will conduct the Macca’s Mini Meet, and introduce Masters swimming as well as the new Aqua Duck program. The pool inflatable will be up on Saturday and Sunday at specified times.
Additional events will be listed in coming months. And there will be some modifications to operating hours.
For more information on any of these events or any of our activities, please call the Centre on 4661 7955 or find us on Facebook here. WIRAC is the Southern Downs one-stop destination for family fitness, sports activities and quality aquatic education!